Races

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Colour Me Dead

Andrew almost had to drive me to the ER the other night. We had gone for a walk in Fort Langley, talking and laughing together, having the greatest of times. People were staring at our nauseating display of adoration and affection as we glided along the path, propelled by love and Spanish coffees. Suddenly Andrew grabbed my hand and, shocked by the coldness of my skin, held my hand up to examine it. It was blue. He grabbed my other one and as we stared in horror we saw that both of my hands were blue! I'm talking like, BLUE blue.

"You look DEAD, Suzy!" I could see that Andrew was panicking, and he quickly turned us around to walk us back down the path. "We have to take you somewhere to get checked out. You may feel fine but it's only a matter of time before something happens."

I phoned my mom and, with a shaky voice asked her to please come over and stay with the kids so that Andrew could take me to the hospital. When I told her what happened over the phone, she thought I had told her that "I'm covered in glue."

I calmly put the kids to bed while we waited for my mom to get there. When she came in and saw my hands, she let out a huge sigh of relief and said "Are those new jeans that you're wearing? Because this happened to Lori and Tracey and I when we lived in California. The blue dye from the jeans can rub off onto your skin." Incredulously,  the three of us began rubbing our hands onto the leg of my jeans and sure enough, all of our hands turned blue.

So we sat around and had coffee and talked, which would have been really uncomfortable had I been covered in glue.


2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA!!! - this TOTALLY happened to a friend of mine! We had done a 10k, and the three of us were all sitting in a restaurant waiting for food and she lifts up her hands and was all "YOU GUYS, LOOK AT MY HANDS!" and she was all freaked out b/c she actually has that thing where she doesn't get great circulation to her hands and feet (reynauds?) and it wasn't until much later that she realised it was the dye from her new dark wash jeans :) That was like 3 years ago and I STILL laugh and mock her about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got as far as a doctor visit - even fooled him. It was blue thighs for me.

    ReplyDelete