Races

Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Moon

I have a little chalkboard wall in the kitchen that I designate for special quotes that are meaningful to me that day/week. This afternoon I wrote out a quote by Masahide: "Barn's burnt down... now I can see the moon..."

Except Jake comes down the stairs and erases the word "barn" and writes "pants" instead.

Excellent.

But really, I love this quote for so many reasons. I can get so caught up in everything going wrong that I don't notice all the things that are going right. Or, what if I had been stuck inside the safe familiarity of the barn for eternity, yet been robbed of experiencing the beauty of the moon? Or maybe good things can come out of bad situations?!

Or maybe a bare bum is totally hilarious and the joke never gets old.

2 comments:

  1. Bare bum is totally hilarious, Suzy. Good for Jake...I think he is definitely going places.

    ReplyDelete