Races

Monday, October 27, 2014

Mileage Monday

I never know how many miles I'm going to get in during any average week. It all depends on how each day unfolds. I've been spending a lot of time on my treadmill in the garage which is fine with me, I guess. I call it my "therapymill." There's something about sweating so much that I could wring my shirt out that just kills all of the cortisol in my bloodstream. It's like an ounce of FML exits my body with each drop of sweat.

I think most long-distance runners have at least a touch of OCD. I have to run on the left side of whoever I'm running with. I have to top out at a number of weekly miles that end in zero (ie. 50 miles, 60, etc). And I typically need to run every day or I feel like something bad will happen to me; I don't "feel right" if I don't get a run in.

This is what the past week looked like:

Monday: 5 mile recovery run after racing on the weekend
Tuesday: 8 miles on the therapymill
Wednesday: 10 miles: I did 3 on the treadmill and then mapped out a 7 mile run for Andrew
Thursday: 7 miles on the therapymill while the chubby kid slept
Friday: 10 super slow miles. I took walk breaks, checked Facebook, texted people, made notes.
Saturday: 5 miles on the sweatmill. Our one year anniversary!
Sunday: Andrew did his long run of 14 miles (he's training for Seattle at the end of November) and when he got back, I took off with Lora for 10 miles. 

So, 55 total miles for the week. I'm not thrilled that my total didn't end in "0" but at least "5" is a divisor of 10. NERD.

I'm itching to race again but not as much as I'm looking forward to seeing Andrew run his second marathon. It's going to be a very different experience for him with Seattle being a big city with much cooler weather. I'm happy to pass the racing baton on to my sexier half.





No comments:

Post a Comment