Races

Friday, November 15, 2013

It's Not Pretty

My iPhone 4 has been acting up. Every few days it will kick me out of an app and when I re-start my phone, all of my contacts are erased, and when they get iClouded back over, for some reason the contact info is matched up with the wrong profile picture and ring-tone. For instance, whenever the kids' elementary school phones me, my friend Lora wearing a cowboy hat pops up on my screen and my phone plays "Bad to the Bone."

I figured since my phone is on its way out, that it's about time I did another edition of iPhone Notes. Here goes:

Vitamin K (for blood clotting, to help heal the blood clot in my uterus)

Parsley
Kale
Brussels Sprouts
Broccoli 
Asparagus
Cabbage
Prunes   

Can you say, "diarrhea?!?!?" But I have to admit that my steady diet of Vitamin K foods must have done something for me because that nasty blood clot is all gone!!!

And another one:

www.squatpoop.com

I don't even know what to say about that. I don't remember why I wrote it down but I do remember forwarding the link to my father. He always appreciates these types of things.

Then, thankfully something completely unrelated to bowel movements, I jotted down the name of the girl at the Water Shed who always knows my name and I forget hers (it's Satori), and an author I'd like to check out, "Isabel Allende." Followed by the license plate number of a car parked too close to my van at the Rec Centre (just in case I came back and saw a dent... aren't I a SPAZ?!?)

I jotted down "Shawshank Redemption" (I must have wanted to re-watch it again one day soon) and then the title of a future blog post, "Noodles in My Scarf" which originally held profound meaning I am sure, but now for the life of me, I've no clue what that might have been.  I do, however, remember dropping chow mein down onto the front of me while I piggishly wolfed down dinner while driving somewhere, and feeling frustrated at the difficulty I had of removing the sticky noodles from my woolen scarf. In my head, there's always a possibility for a story and a metaphor. As soon as I am allowed to resume drinking,  I'll be sure to come up with something grand.

And lastly, I jotted down some thoughts on the subject of love:

Feelings are yo-yos. Sometimes we feel like loving and sometimes we don't. The ability to love well is revealed in the secret dark corners, not just when the world is watching. Love is a choice, not just a feeling.

There's so much I would love to write about in regards to those thoughts but maybe I'll save it for another post when I can weave it into some chow mein noodles and wool. For now, I'll stick to the kale and prunes.



No comments:

Post a Comment