Races

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Junkitalia

Sigh... it's difficult to be me, sometimes. A few days ago I slipped in my shower and unknowingly got my sacrum (triangle part of my pelvis) twisted up. It didn't hurt when I did it, but I knew in that moment that something in the world just shifted, you know? That feeling that something just isn't right. My hamstring started twinging on me during my next couple of runs, and when I did my 5k time-trial (19 minutes! Which means I could do a sub-19 in a 5k race!) my hamstring really gave me some grief. So I went into see my physiotherapist who helped me figure out what I had done when I fell in the shower. So he put my sacrum back in its place, and la-dee-da, all was right in the world once again.

Until I went to work today and told someone that I had put my scrotum out in the shower, which was why I was limping.

My life is over.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that I'm not the only one in the word that says one thing meaning something totally different. But thanks for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having injured my sacrum before, I feel your pain. In many ways since I've used "scrotum" instead of "sacrum" to mistakenly describe my injury. My awkward moment was a bit different though since I'm a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and now I'm sorry that I clicked your link for Scrotum. My mistake.

    ReplyDelete