Races

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

iPhone Notes Purge

I watched "Men in Black 3" with the boys other day and one of the non-aliens said something cool and I wrote it down in my notes section. He said, "A miracle is what seems impossible but happens anyway." Profound, right?

I wrote it right above my grocery list:

milk
cream
cinnamon buns
cat food
cucumber
tampons
greek yogurt

...which was above my "to do" list:

get Jane a birthday card (which I never did, because I suck)
get saran wrap (sounds way more exciting than it is)

...which was right above a note that I made myself about a book someone told me to read:

Cloud Atlas (which I ended up buying for $22 Canadian, soft cover, which is like, $4 American, and it looked way too Sci Fi for me so I returned it and instead bought a $22 latte from the Starbucks adjacent to the bookstore).

...which was right above my license plate number, that I have no idea why I'd write down, and I'm not telling because that's like, suicidal.

...which was right above a quote that I heard at church:

"It's not about ability--it's about availability"

...which was (ironically, and not surprisingly) above a wine someone told me I'd like:

Liberty School Cab Sav 2010 Australia

...which was right above the lady's name and number from CIBC credit card fraud because there's nothing I need more than some asshole to steal my Visa number and go eat $1000 worth of chicken kabobs from Greek Islands Restaurant in Abbotsford.

...which was right above the name of 4 boys in Jake's grade who are "known" for being rude to girls (as per a convo I had with a girl in Jake's grade about 3 months ago, bless her heart)

What do I get from all this?

A headache. Please pass the Cab Sav and saran wrap!

2 comments: