Races

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Love Train

Love is putting together Ikea furniture. Love is lacing up ice skates. Love is finding the best chip in the bag and handing it over with glee.

Love is in the gap between letting go and squeezing tight. It anoints the space between the I can and the you can't. Love is the painful heat that refines us and love is in the blanket that soothes us.

Love doesn't deny the existence of pain, it is IN the pain. It grows us. Love is in the flames that lick our ankles pushing us forward and it's in the oxygen we breathe to fuel us. It throws us and catches us. Even if we were to crash onto a deserted island, empty and alone, we would die with our memories of love dancing in our eyes.

Throughout our lifetime we will get to that unavoidable fork in the tracks where we either choose love or reject love, and I choose love. Take me for a ride, shape me, refine me, do with me what you will, but I choose love.


No comments:

Post a Comment