Races

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012

It's New Year's Eve and I am feeling the pressure to reflect on this past year of my life, but because I hate doing anything normal, I won't, which is really too bad because maaaan, is it ever entertaining. The events that unfolded in the year 2012 were at times so bizarre that they're almost unbelievable.

Instead, I'm going to write about Steps.

The boys share a room and every evening Steps waits impatiently at the top of the stairs for Freddy to go to bed so Freddy can pet him. Later on when Jake goes to bed, Steps will jump down off of Freddy's bed and jump up onto Jake's for some more pets. Once Jake is asleep, Steps jumps back down and up onto Freddy's bed for the night.

It is obvious to anyone that Steps absolutely loves Freddy way more than Jake. Jake is not oblivious to this fact and has one time stated that Steps is indeed, a "user" and yet Jake will openly oblige to petting Steps at any and every opportunity. Would and should Jake be petting Steps since Steps is just using him? No. But that's what love does: love makes us pet users when they don't deserve the pets. Plus, petting makes us feel all warm and fuzzy and happy, too.

So, instead of hearing all about what I did in the year 2012 and how much I've learned and all of my goals for 2013, you get to take with you this one golden nugget of truth:

You can't get the last minute and a half back of the year 2012 that you just spent reading my post about Steps.

You're welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment