Races

Monday, November 24, 2014

Mileage Monday

I hit 60 again this week but it was a lot harder this week than last. I'm guessing it's the sinus infection and the accompanying antibiotics.

Monday: I squeaked in a four miler on the treadmill while Callum napped and then later on in the day, when Andrew got home from his long-ish run of 14 miles, I parked the van at Katie's school and ran a hilly six around there before pick-up.

Tuesday: I did five on the treadmill in the morning, and then we went Christmas shopping where Callum had his first picture taken with Santa. Then I took off for another five outside in the dark while Andrew had Callum. I felt incredibly strong that night, for some reason! I love running at night.


Wednesday: A boring seven miles on the therapymill while Callum napped. I really need to find a new movie or show on Netflix to help pass the time. Suggestions?

Thursday: I ran eight miles on the treadmill again during naptime, but I had ZERO entertainment as Andrew was using my phone to record his vlog.

Friday:  Well, THIS was an interesting run. Lora and I went into Fort Langley where we used to run all the time years ago, but we started at around 4 o'clock right when it was getting dark. We parked by the pub and as we were getting our stuff together in the van, these two teenage boys came up to the Lora's side and knocked on the window. I thought they were in trouble so I un-did the window a bit. One of the punkasses reached into the van and asked for some money to which I replied, "NO!" and promptly put the window back up...on his finger. So his buddy starts yelling, and I undo the window and free his finger. But the pinched finger guy starts opening up my van door so I ABSOLUTELY LOST MY MIND on them. I whipped open my van door and started after them and they took off. I'm not exactly sure what I was going to do if I caught them, but I can use my imagination. My teenagers are much, MUCH better people. Anyway, Lora and I did seven miles in the pitch blackness with our hearts pounding with fear, and with the trail sprinkled with deer. Nice. It rhymed.

Saturday: I did twelve miles outside and I really struggled through them.

Sunday: I punctuated the week with an outside six miler to make it an even sixty for the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment