Races

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day Eighteen

What goes around, comes around. It's just how the world turns, right?

Andrew and I are in Arizona for some muchly-needed sleep and sun. I have family here, so we got to meet up with them at this cool restaurant last night for some dinner. The food was great, and we could throw our peanut shells all over the floor, which was awesome. Being responsible and clean and organized is great for our kids, but Andrew and I were really overdue for some messy self-gratifying chaos so we were quite pleased that we were able to deliciously throw our food all over the floor.

Except he took it quite literally and in a pathetic attempt to get rid of his gum (he was meeting my extended family for the first time and wanted to make a nice impression on them that didn't leave them with images of him chewing and snapping his gum) he stealthfully stole it out of his mouth, rolled it between his fingers and "let go" of it under the table. Rotten man, right? Yes.

So when it was time for us to leave, he slid out from the booth only to realize the gum had made its way onto the base of his seat and got stuck on his jeans, stringing between his leg and the bench as he got out. I had no idea what was happening but in retrospect, as he told me later, I remember him acting quite weird when we were leaving, grabbing at his legs and looking uncomfortable.

He reminds me so much of my dad sometimes.

Anyway, so we laughed about it and he told me that it serves him right for throwing his gum on the ground. Quite self-righteously, I agreed. I stuffed my gum inside of a peanut shell before I threw it on the ground, so my payback should be a bit delayed. I'll be sure to keep you posted.



No comments:

Post a Comment