Races

Friday, November 2, 2012

Day Twelve

Guess what! Justin quit today. Well, Mike, I guess his name is. It was my last day at Starbucks and I started at 5am. It was the first day of Christmas drinks with the eggnog lattes and peppermint hot chocolates and so it was busy! I was sweating and panting, and I wasn't even running.

Just, coffee.

Anyway, so Justin (Mike, whatever) put his headset down on the counter and just walked... away. I guess that's the way it goes sometimes when you're cooked. It's like bing!...the buzzer goes and that's it. I can't even keep count of how many times I have felt like throwing my headset on the counter and walking away. It's not me, though. I'm not wired that way, and I'm proud of my tenacity. I gut it out, one step at a time and only when I've got no arms and legs do I call it a day. And even then, it's only a flesh wound. 


No comments:

Post a Comment